The Reporter and computers in general put lists in order alphanumerically, so you can rename your award levels to make them easier to use in ascending order.
Here is an example of awards for hours increments that arrange numerically in an awkward pattern.
100 1000 10000 11500 12000 12500 14500 1500 15550 16500 200 2000 ... 300 etc.
In this example, when you are in the list of awards you have to scroll to go from 100 to 300 hours.
Edit to Put the List in Order
Here is how to put the codes in order from the lowest number to the highest.
- Click on File | Field Lists | Volunteer Volunteer Fields
- Scroll down to the Awards field, around line 112. Click in that row to get an arrow to the left.
- Click the Edit List button at the bottom right.
- In this example, 100 is highlighted so click the Edit button. Change the name to Award-01 100.
- Scroll up to find and highlight 300. Edit | Change the name to Award-02 300.
- Scroll up to find and highlight 500. Edit | Change the name to Award-02 300.
- And so on.
- When you are done click Close. And Close field lists.
If you still had Volunteers open you will need to close Volunteers and reopen it to refresh the screen and see your handiwork.
It will take a few minutes to edit all those, but you will be rewarded by seeing that the new names still retain the original assignments to the volunteers while now they are arranged numerically from smallest to largest on your Available Awards list.
Award-01 100 Award-02 300 Award-03 500 Award-04 1000 Award-05 1500 Award-06 2000 Award-07 2500 Award-08 3000 Award-09 3500 Award-10 4000 Award-11 4500 Award-12 5000 Award-13 5500 Award-14 6000 Award-15 6500 Award-16 7000 Award-17 7500 Award-18 8000 Award-19 8500 Award-20 9000 Award-21 9500
An Alternate List Order
You could use only numbers by padding the low numbers with leading blank spaces.
100 300 500 1000 1500 2000 ... 10000 ... 100000
Here’s a screen shot of several ways of arranging your awards in order.
Revised 08/06/2014 13:39:48