Code Fields work great if you need to select a single choice from a list.
To label a field, e.g., County, open Reference Codes in the menus at the top.
- Reference Codes | Assign Field Names.
- In the Station or Job Field Names tab, find an unused code field.
- Type County over the Code Field # in the Display Name column.
- Check the box in the Show? Column.
- If desired, set the Order number to push the code up or down on the Volunteer Codes tab.
Now to add values, go back to Reference Codes in the menus at the top.
- Reference Codes | Station (or Job) Codes | User-Defined Codes | County.
- Click Add.
- Type one county name.
- Repeat for other county names.
If you had the Stations or Jobs section open when you created the custom code you will need to close it and reopen it to see your addition. Then on the Codes tab in Stations (or Jobs) click Edit to set a value for County Preference.
To select a County for a Station or Job:
- Open Stations (or Jobs).
- Find the Station (or Job).
- Click the Codes tab.
- Click the Edit button.
- Click on the County field.
- Select the choice by highlighting it.
- On the Station’s (or Job’s) Codes tab you will see the selected choice.