Placements and Hours
Whenever you click Add in the Hours screen in the Volunteer Reporter, the Add button changes to New Place. Normally the data entry person ignores that button and proceeds to choose the volunteer’s job and enter hours for that volunteer.
A volunteer who has no placement will have no job listed in Hours. You can assign that person to a job by clicking the New Place button and adding a placement, much the same as it is done in the Placements screen when opened from the main menu. You can also add a placement for a volunteer in the Volunteers section | Placement & Hours tab | New Place button.
Add a Placement
We recommend adding a Placement from the main menu since only one section is open at a time.
- Click Placements
- Click Add
- Find the volunteer on the list.
- Find the job on the list.
- Put the started date in the Started field. Remember to date it far enough back to match the earliest hours entry date. The speed date button enters today’s date.
- You cannot Add a new placement with the same name as another.
- Click Close. A saving message flashes.
- Close Placements.
- Now hours can be added in the Hours section for that job.
Terminate a Placement
To terminate a placement use the EDIT function. Add an ending date.
Restart a Placement
To restart a terminated placement use the EDIT function.
Delete a Placement
To delete a placement, highlight it and click the delete button. You cannot delete a placement which has hour so you must delete the hours first. For recent records, usually you terminate a placement rather than delete to preserve the hours records for reporting.