First, Select or Verify the Proper Data Set
The Reporter restores data into the currently selected data set.
- Make sure everyone is out the Reporter except you.
- Go to the File menu | Select Data Set.
- Highlight/verify the correct data set.
- Click the Select button to close
Restore the Data from a Backup
The backup has to be saved on the computer or disc. If you receive the data in an email or download save it first and remember its name and where it is saved.
Go to the File menu | Restore | Restore Data Files window:
- To the right of the “Restore from this file” field click the little folder icon.
- Navigate to the correct folder or drive.
- Scroll down to find the folder or drive where the backup is saved.
- Open the drive and/or folder.
- Click the backup file name [formatted e.g., VRdata.zip or VRdata_20130801.zip] to highlight it.
- Click Open.
- Back at the “Restore Data Files” screen click OK.
You will receive several messages:
Are you sure you want to replace your current data with a previous copy of your data?
The data will unzip into the data folder and reindex.