The Touch-Screen Assistant is an add-on module for the Volunteer Reporter which enables your volunteers to sign themselves in and out using a touch-screen monitor.
- A touch screen monitor
- Nearly any networked computer, dedicated as a kiosk where typically the keyboard and mouse are hidden.
- The Touch-Screen Assistant connects with the same data that the Volunteer Reporter uses.
- The Volunteer Reporter is not installed on the kiosk.
- Each kiosk requires a separate license with discounts for multiple licenses.
- Volunteer Reporter version 5.7 or greater.
The Touch-Screen Assistant is similar to a time clock. Once volunteers have signed out, their hours are automatically posted to the Volunteer Reporter without any further data entry. This can save your staff a lot of time entering hours into the Reporter at the end of every month.
The Touch-Screen Assistant consists of two parts—the Assistant and the Administrator, which is inside the Volunteer Reporter. The Assistant is what your volunteers see on the touch screen monitor. It enables your volunteers to enter their PIN and sign themselves in and out. The Administrator runs on another computer on your network and enables you to watch and manage the activities of your volunteers as they sign themselves in and out.
Since the Assistant and Administrator interact with each and with the Volunteer Reporter, all three programs must be installed on the same computer network so that the data can be shared by all.
- The touch-screen interface is very easy for volunteers to use.
- If you allow it, your volunteers can sign in with their social security numbers.
- See who’s currently signed in.
- Deliver group or individual messages to volunteers.
- Sign out a volunteer who forgets to do so, or edit hours.
- Approve hours over a set limit before posting.
- Assign and change PINs at any time.
- You choose whether to let your volunteers change their own PIN or not.
- Deliver birthday, group and individual messages onscreen.
- Print who is signed in and a history of volunteers’ time in and out.
For a screenshot of the touchpad and more information, go to www.volsoft.com/products/tsassist.