Mailed Newsletters to Those Who Do Not Have an Email Address
When sending newsletters some organizations email a digital newsletter to those who have email addresses and mail a printed newsletter to the rest. The Reporter’s Email Messages feature automatically grabs all the email addresses. Make a filter to do labels for those who do not have email addresses.
Filter on Email Address Is Blank
There are two steps to creating a filter:
- Name it
- Set one or more limitations
The images below illustrate these steps:
- Open Filters from the top menu.
- Click Add Filter
- Name it Print Newsletter | Save
- On the Volunteer Limits tab, highlight Email Address.
- Click Edit Limitations button
- Put the dot next to Is blank
- Save the limitation
- Close Filters
Use this filter when you run the Mailing Labels report, and the Reporter will pull up the names of only those who do not have an email address [e.g., the email address field in their record is blank].